Monday, January 17, 2011

Bathroom Door

Let's start with the door today. This is the back of the bathroom door.

This is how wide the gap between the walls and the door were. Kinda creepy huh? I've been living with this giant gap for several months, and although I know it's just my husband possibly leering at me, I'm sure my guests don't feel as comfortable.

It was time for action. So much better!!! We are planning on replacing the door so we didn't care much about the paint drips on it. It's hollow and broken in several places. But that's another project for another day.

We also installed some trim on the floors. This is the first room in the house it's been installed in and I am sooo excited!!!

And then very late last night my wonderful hubby finally hung my johnny cabinet. :)

I'm so very happy with how the bathroom has come along this weekend. We didn't finish everything we'd hoped to, the caulk on the tub is still half done and I haven't had a shower in 2 days so that needs fixed asap, the floor still needs a bead of caulk around the entire perimeter, and the corner of that little wall separating the toilet and shower needs to be primed, painted and capped off. Then we'll have an entire room... done! Our first room with trim around the door and floors!!! I think I'll probably be spending a lot more of my time in the bathroom from now on, just so I can remind myself that this is what we are capable of when the rest of the house seems so very overwhelming.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!
    From Anna (I don't have any account to choose from below the comment box)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!