Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Family Room

Let's start with a before photo because it makes me giddy.

I told you in my last post that there would be a lot of progress this week. I was right. Out of the blue my brother came to stay and asked if he could help out. I put him straight to work. He filled out the rest of the upper half of the old wood paneling. Then my hubby and him sanded like crazy.

Then Mr Brick ranch convinced me it'd look even less like paneling if I let him texture the upper half.

The next day my baby brother primed the textured walls.

And put the first coat of paint up :)

My hubby is currently finishing the texture on the other half of the room while my brother is painting the bottom half white on the finished side. I can't believe how much it actually looks like wainscoting! The lighting in this photo is terrible so you can't see the color accurately. But it's Sherwinn Williams Bonafide Beige in Harmony.

Photobucket

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!