Friday, May 7, 2010

Veggies!

Did you know that if you have state food benefits you can purchase vegetable and herb starts for your garden? We didn't? Now we aren't on food benefits, but my Sister in law is. So we went to Fred Meyer yesterday and bought a ton of veggies and I bought flowers. And I spent the evening digging in the garden! I still have a lot of de-grassing to do before the planter boxes are perfect, but I'm happier and happier every day! I have started a lot of veggies from seeds also

Pumpkins!

Corn!

Eggplant!

Artichokes!

Baby Zuccini

Spinach, Broccoli, Carrots, Tomatoes and Peas

Mistress Heather, Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Lilly Bells,
and Pretty Smells,
And Dahlias all in a row.

I also planted Rhubarb, Strawberries, and Walla Walla onions in the front. Oh, and I started peppermint in a pot. Then from seed we're also waiting on canteloupe, watermelons, lots and lots of herbs and more flowers! My peonies are about to explode, my lilacs are in full bloom along with my deep blue and almost black irises. I'm in garden heaven!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!