Friday, June 25, 2010

Painting Day 3

I know I promised you photos yesterday, but honestly nothing really looked that incredible until today! Painting is in full swing and it's so exciting!

Sigh.... dreamy....




We also have gotten a jump start on painting the bathroom. The drywall is finally all taped, mudded, sanded, and primed! Here's a sneak peak of the color that's going up.

We had kept the old giant mirror that used to be in the bathroom with the hopes of saving some money by cutting it to fit our new frames. Well we got one good cut ( it's our first time cutting glass) And the rest of it broke.

So we set out on a mission to find a cheap mirror at goodwill or something. We hit the jackpot on our first stop. The ReStore run by Habitat for Humanity.
Seriously, if you have one of these near you, check it out! We found huge old mirrored closet doors for $8.50!!!!! Plenty of extra to break and there were more of them there in case we screw up we can just buy a new one! OMG if you've ever priced mirrors you know how incredibly cheap that is. This place is full of incredible goodies, and just plain crazy cool crap.

We also found this....

Which fits our fireplace beautifully.

I mean, it's like it was handcrafted specifically for our oddly sized fireplace!

And the best part? $15.00 That's right. I totally snagged it.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The house looks great! I love the color. I'll have to see if we have one of those stores near us!! Great deals!!!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!