Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rocking Horse

In June of last year, my husband and I were thinking of what we could do for our daughter's first birthday. We decided on a rocking horse. I searched high and low, but couldn't find that perfect one. A neighbor heard us talking and gave us her daughter's old one, she said they had gotten it years ago at a garage sale and we were welcome to have it as a gift from them. I asked if she wouldn't mind if we refinished it. It was very worn in, and somewhat masculine. I think she was excited when I told her I'd love to give it a girly makeover. I started working on it, and never finished it. Many days over the past year I've walked past the half finished horse and sighed. Last night I finally said. This is IT! I'm finishing this thing NOW! So I did.

Before

After

And... Most Importantly.

One very satisfied customer.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You have a real talent to be able to take somsthing so ordinary and make a beautiful toy for Nemi. She is so lucky to have a mother like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Heide! I'm sure it will be passed down from generation to generation.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!