Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The floors are stained.

Mr. Brick Ranch here. I took another load of boxes over to the house today, and took some photos of the floor. Some of them are through the windows and are not that great quality wise, but I couldn't walk on the floors. They also look a little different because of the natural vs lamp lighting. The guy who has been doing the floors is from Siberia and he is a master of his craft. They look Fan-Freakin-Tastic! He sanded, puttied, sanded again, replaced an entire section of scratched boards in the office, 2 coats of stain, and 2 coats of sealer... all by himself. In 3 days!
Here is a photo of our entry way.

Entering the living room from the kitchen.

This is the living room looking through the giant window.

And finally our bedroom through one of the windows. I love the blue up against that dark wood.

My wife absolutely loves how the grain of the wood has risen to the surface and can't wait to get some thick white toe board in place. Tomorrow he'll be buffing and putting on the last coat of lacquer. The end result will be a satin finish. We're extremely excited to see the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!