Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cabinetry

I woke up bright and early this morning and after some slight complications from the carseat being in my sister in laws car headed over to the new house by myself to meet Cabinet Carl. He was a fun guy and he measured the kitchen and both bathrooms. We have an appointment at his office tomorrow morning to look at samples and order some cabinets!

After some Dutch Brother's Coffee I sent Dan and his brother Matt over to do some more Demo. They also stopped by Home Depot and spent a little Moolah. After much work they were able to pull the solid metal tub out and the drywall off of the walls in the bathroom. Unfortunately 2 of the 2x4's need to be replaced due to some rot. We also have to replace the entire subfloor! A minor setback in a tiny room. This will only take one more day to fix and we'll be secure.

The boys came back for a little rest, and I sent them back with pen and paper telling them to make detailed lists of all the projects and supplies/tools we need to buy tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Bathroom- Remove Soffett and Replace subfloor and 2x4's.

Kitchen- Scrape texture from ceilings and put drywall up where the soffett's used to be and make pretty swirlies on the entire ceiling ;) Replace the entire subfloor with a thinner denser material to avoid step up after tiling in the adjoining threshold to the hardwood floors. Sand walls where they painted around the old cabinets.

Hopefully later tonight Geri and I will get over there and start edging the family room and put a second coat of primer up. I'll post pictures of progress tomorrow.

I found this neat quiz on another blog I follow http://www.younghouselove.com/
It's a quiz from Ethan Allen, they use picture association to tell you your decorator style.
www.ethanallen.com/style_quiz
Mine is Villa
Romance reinvented. A high end decorator look. Refined without fuss. Serene yet strong. Pedigreed while also modern. Inspired by French and Scandinavian design. A mingling of carved woods, handcrafted artisanship and the dressmaker detail.
Sounds pretty spot on to me!!!!


This is my inspiration photo for today.


This photo is from Kitchenz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you and I check all of my posts for comments. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them! Thank you for reading my blog!